We’d like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our users. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
Information We Automatically Collect
When you browse the website or make a purchase, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. This information may include your device type, browser, IP address, how you came to the website or how you interacted with the website. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided. You may read more about the specific cookies we use on this website here.
Information We Share with Third Party Providers
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers including
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
- Hosting services.
- Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you have agreed to receive such newsletters and will track some performance indicators, such as open and click rates.
- Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of Garryvoe Hotel, employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Garryvoe Hotel.
- Information that is aggregated or anonymised that does not directly identify you.
How we protect your information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then [hotelname] will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes or you wish your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you access to your personally identifiable information that we hold within 30 days of a request to access. You may send a request to this email address email@example.com. If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters. We will retain your information for as long as required to deliver your service, agreement or resolve any issues. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Third Party Websites
Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Our CCTV Policy
The purpose of this policy is to explain how information captured using CCTV is used and retained by the Garryvoe hotel and set out your rights in relation to such information. Purpose of CCTV
Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV) are used by The Garryvoe hotel and are installed at our hotel in line with the requirements of the business, as set out herein, and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The purpose of the CCTV Systems are as follows:
- Improving the safety and security of guests, visitors, employees and contractors by providing a means to investigate accidents and near misses so that risk management control measures can be implemented
- Providing reassurance to staff and guests that control measures are in place relating to their safety and security
- Providing assistance to local law enforcement authorities with reference to the investigation and prevention of crime (including counter-terrorism)
- Deterring persons from committing crimes and to enhance the opportunities for detecting those who do
- Discouraging anti-social behaviour including alcohol and drug-related crime on or about the premises access to CCTV Footage or Images.
Access to the CCTV system and stored images is restricted to authorised Garryvoe hotel personnel only for the purposes set out above. However, in appropriate circumstances, CCTV footage may be accessed:
- By local law enforcement authorities, where The Garryvoe hotel is required by law to assist in the carrying out of an investigation into a crime or anti-social behaviour.
- By data subjects (or their legal representatives), pursuant to an access request where the time, date and location of the recordings is furnished to the hotel.
- By individuals (or their legal representatives) subject to a court order
Retention Period and Security
The images captured by the CCTV is retained for a maximum of one month from the date of recording, except where longer storage of such images may be required to assist in any of the scenarios outlined above.
The images/recordings are stored in a secure environment with access strictly limited to those who are suitably authorised.
You have the right to request access to CCTV footage of you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to The Managing Director, Garryvoe hotel, Ballycotton bay, Co. Cork.
All requests will be dealt with in compliance with the duties and requirements imposed upon The Garryvoe hotel as data controllers under the GDPR.
Individuals requesting access to CCTV images may be required to supply the following to assist the data request:
- Adequate information to enable the information to be efficiently identified and located on our system
- Sufficient information to establish that the applicant has a legitimate right to request access
- Proof of identification through photographic identification, for example passport or driving licence.